Monday, April 7, 2008

spring is here, the snow melts, the wind blows....

Spring has sprung in Southern Maine...!!!
I just looked at my back porch deck this morning and the iceberg that had previously been habitating the deck was gone...all gone..all that was left was a wet mark..I quickly ran to the front window and looked out. I wanted to see if the iceberg in the front yard has melted...all that is left of what used to be the sledding hill is now a mere bump in the grass....I then looked up at the sky, almost as if to see if it had any plans in the near future to spoil springs arrival (by trying to build up the iceberg again), but all i saw was sun...
how lovely to see the sun...yes it is still cold, but not that cold. I no longer need a jacket during the day. I still wear my hat (mostly to hid the fact that during the winter I do not fix my hair (frankly, I don't fix my hair during the summer either, always going to the beach and all)..
Since this festive mood came upon us we decided for Family home evening to plant our seedlings. We are excited to be growing our vegetables from scratch this year. Normally we let someone else grow our seeds for us then purchase them as strong seedlings. Each year we are getting abit more courageous. We are after all planning on becoming farmers. Medical school and the career that follows it are to finance our farming career. I should make a side note that medical school and the eventual career will also be financing our other interest, woodworking. Did I mention that my husband spent a good hour salivating and staring at the Thomas Moser Website last night (all those thoughts about how he could make this and that for loads cheaper etc...)and how this morning upon getting ready for work (which for the next 3 weeks is a lockdown Psych institution (anybody looking for a vacation spot?)), he laments, "what am I doing, I want to be building furniture, not going to a psych ward..."....
We are always becoming are we not :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes the day go so much better when the sun is shining. The sun has come out here in the past couple of days and it has been a ton of fun to go outside and play.

Zarah said...

Yay for sunshine!! Well, now I know that if I need or want anything built, all I'll have to do is ask Jacob. :) Good luck Jacob in the Pysch ward! Better the doctor than the patient.

Anonymous said...

it was in the mid 60's here today.

i know...it's okay to not like me. ;)

good weather for running!!

Smith Living said...

Hey, Heather I had no Idea you guys wanted to be farmers and build furniture. Jacod is right what is he doing? He should be in some advanced wood working class right now. Poor guy. I understand your logic though. Hope to see you guys this summer at the beach. Shannon