Friday, May 7, 2010

This pic


I love this picture. This girl is getting so big!. I
never knew I would meet someone just like me,
but as I have gotten to know her I realize I have.
She is 5, (although she likes to say she is 5 and 1/2,
even though she isn't). She slipped herself into the next class up in primary and was devastated when i informed her that she needed to go back to her class (she doesnt want to be with the 4yr olds-darn that Feb, birthday). I want to give this girl the world, cause I think she wants it. We have 'officially' had to decide if we wanted to homeschool her or not as it would be time for Kindergarten. I change my mind every day it seems. I really am not ready (who is?) to revolve our life around her school schedule, when we could accomplish more school in less time during times that work for us as a family. She wants that darn bus ride....anyone own a yellow bus we can have a ride in? She absolutely loves to read, it was so magical when it happened. I think I take it for granted now. As we stayed with some friends who hadn't seen her in awhile she asked to read the nights scriptures (which consisted of 3 pages of Book of Mormon Stories). We just sat and listened to her quickly read all of us the scriptures, not having to take time to sound out a word, even if it was a new one, as well as showing her confidence. When she got done our friends were beside themselves, jacob and I just looked at each other and I realized then that we already thought that was normal. She took my scriptures to bed (to read) the other night. I think it may be time to get her her own, complete with a pink zip up case:)

oh, you may be asking how she is like me. The biggest thing we have in common by far is this: We never accept reality as it is presented to us. We think reality can be changed at any given moment. For instance, you may wonder how this trait plays out in real life, here are a few of our examples:

* If someone tells me I have a budget of 200 in Primary, I say, "well that is not gonna fly" and I start figuring out ways to get that changed. I dont do what many would and say, "okay, we will make it work somehow".

* If I tell Liliana a consequence for an action of hers (good or bad) she, infront of me, puts on her thinking cap and lets me know she has thought of a better one (or one she prefers).

In essence, nothing is set in stone till she and I have gone around that stone and pushed it from every angle and only after doing that and either moving it or seeing that it really cant be moved or changed, will any acceptance happen. It is not about being deviant. It is not motivated by trying to be the boss. It really is innocently just an idea that reality can always be altered, our ideas can change outcomes.

Actually quite hilarious (sometimes) when I feel her pushing on me (when I am playing the Rock)......sometimes (not always, hardly ever, but sometimes, I change my stance, just cause inside I am so proud of her trying to alter reality.

5 comments:

Tara said...

This sounds like a Heather post, but says it was done by Jacob... did Jacob really write this one? If so, I had no idea the little girlie was so like both of you!

Jacob said...

this is a heather post for sure...didnt realize i was signed in under jacobs name

Zarah said...

All your kids are growing up too fast. Don't they know they're supposed to stay little forever? If you need me to make a trip to Deseret Book, just let me know! I live really close now!

Anonymous said...

How impressive that she is reading! She has always loved to learn! I'm always nervous about kindergarten too. Our school here has the kids separated out by their math and reading level up to grade 6. So they have a reading teacher and a math teacher and everyone in each class is on the same level. It really works because the teachers are working with the kids on their level. I like school because It is really nice for them to get out of my house and get some outside interaction. It is hard to have them gone for soo long in the day..but Ben really enjoys the friends he has made and loves to learn. I'm hoping Courtney will enjoy it also. =) Liliana will do wonderful in school or homeschool. You both are really great! I don't know if I caught it in your post..what did you decide? homeschool or school?

Janis said...

A mother's revenge to her children is that they are sure to get a child just like them. It's all in the process of growing up and learning to deal with life. It's great that you are able to see your personality and know how to deal with it.