Well it has been a wet day here in Southern Maine. First, I got all wet as I tried to jump my cars battery. You see, I have never officially had a dead battery on my hands, or I should say, only in my hands. Normally someone of the male species was around to take charge of such situations, thereby allowing me to stand back and watch...well, ignorance is not always bliss...so I called a friend (her husband is a medical resident, so she is also on her own alot, and I should add, she also had never jumped a car) so...needless to say we screwed up a few times before we figured it out (and YES>>>we had to call a man....she paged her husband at the hospital to set us straight (normally, my ego would not allow such interference in things but well, it was raining(no, I was not worried about my hair, it is 7pm and I have yet to brush it) and cold and I could not handle the thought of staying stuck in my house with my kids all alone for another day). Then around 3 or so when I am usually dragging I, in my mental state, told liliana that she could get a bucket of soapy water and mop my kitchen floor (hmmmmmmm...).
Soooooo, needless to say, anyone who knows her probably could predict what I found when I rounded the corner. Her, all naked and soaped up and trying her darndest to squeeze her big girl body into that tiny lego bucket. I really wanted a pic, but didnt want to show her naked body (that is her sacred self) but i did happen to snap a photo that is more discreet.
Mattie has learned how to climb...yeah, need I say more...and not only that she has learned the concept of pushing items up to things inorder to have something to stand on. Today I found her behind the blinds, yelling out the window, the ones that reside ABOVE the play table. Good thing she was not naked then, displaying herself out the window (yea, she also likes to be nude, (everytime I change her I feel like we are having a wrestling match)
I told jacob tonight that I cant imagine being a single mom all of the time. I am wasted at the end of each day. I know alot of that is due to the age of my children (and lets not forget the fact that I was woken up last night several times...there was the usual for milk, that I can understand, but the massive crying out for socks!!!! comon!!!----then, she 'lost' her socks 45 mins later and started crying out again, believe me, I tried to ignore her, for some reason she is so stubborn..hmm, wonder where she gets that from)
anyway, what day is it??? How old am I??? When is my husband coming home???
I admire all of you moms out there who know what day it is, are happy to have lived that day,and are looking forward to the next (and not just looking forward to rest)....
THanks for being my example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment