Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall doings

Alright. So most days I 'think' about updating our blog, but then some wonderful book calls to me and I easily walk away from the computer. Right now I am reading, "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", by Barbara Kingslover...and I always look forward to the spare moments here and there to read it.
Jacob told me that the other day at work some of the women residents he works with asked him if he had read a book called, "Twilight". Now he knew of the book, but answered, "no, he doesnt have time". So they rephrased their question and asked if I had read it. He explained to them the following: "My wife likes to read Sociology books and Nurition books". They say, " Oh, we mean for fun", his response, "Yeah, that is what she reads for fun, you see, my wife stays home with our children, so she just loves delving her mind into something that she loves whenever she gets a spare minute". They just got quiet...
I don't blame them...yes, it is true. I do read books like that for fun (have I told any of you that I am currently taking a Kefir course?-----hmm, some of you may be wondering what in the heck that is...)
But I do also like a good Narnia book or Potter book every now and again.
Mostly though there are more books I would like to read and more things that I would like to do then I have time for.
I am too busy cleaning up after an almost 1 year old (2 more weeks till birthday!!) after she plays in her pile of poop and pee on the floor (she was barebummed after a previous diaper change and I was letting her air dry, silly me) and trying to protect my money from being stashed away in the 'wrong' persons piggy bank (my almost 4yr old truly believes that if she finds any money it is hers, and let me tell you, she hoards money--takes after her daddy (who, by the way, just loves this quality in her))...
So we have been enjoying fall down here in Southern Maine. Zarah has been here almost 2 weeks now helping me run the household in Jacobs absence. We have gone apple picking (2 bushles worth), hayrides, LL Beans, lots of raking leaves (and playing in them), many Farmers market visits (we bought 25# potatoes and carrots to store for a 3-month food storage supply (we place a layer of dry leaves on the bottom of a tub (the same kind of tub we put clothing into), then a layer of dry potatoes or apples or carrots, then a layer of leaves and so on till full). We have them in our garage where they will stay cool and dry and last us the next 3 months and still be fresh.
We have been trying to get a well-rounded 3-month food supply. We knew we were lacking in the vegetable/fruit arena so have been trying to rectify that.
Jacob is due home from PA this upcoming weekend. We can't wait for his return, although it will be bittersweet, as he will only be here 24hrs, then he leaves for Bangor, where he will be for a month. We are hoping to go up that way sometime inorder to check out that location for living, etc...
We feel really good about either location and also know that when it comes time to decide we will know which one we should move to.
Well, this is it for now...We miss all of our friends but mostly we miss DADDY>>>>>>>>>>>>love your girls:)

No comments: