Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mom-hood

Alright, so in my last post I spoke about being all alone and loving it. Then the week started and , well, lets just say it has been a good 6 mts-8mts since I have been alone in the home taking care of the kids and I have pretty well failed this week. Don't worry, I am okay with temporary failure (it is inevitable, after all, sometimes), I think I would be alittle bit depressed about this past week, but the sun has been shining just about every day and well...how can I not be happy when the birds are chirping outside and spring has arrived, at least to my neck of the woods of Maine.

I found this online:

I send faxes and emails between diaper changes. I make phone calls between laundry loads and meet with students between daycare pick-ups and doctor appointments. Four hours of uninterrupted sleep is rare and it's a good day when I can have a shower!


I have been blessed with three beautiful babies in two years. We adopted our oldest child when he was 15 months old in the summer of 2006. Two weeks later I learned I was pregnant with our second son. Six months after his birth we learned our daughter was on the way.


I work full-time from home and am very grateful to be able to keep my daughter at home with me. It can be a challenge to plan naps around conference calls, however. I admit that balance is hard to come by, and I often forfeit a clean house for spending time with my kids.


Personal time is exceedingly rare and is often limited to my showers. Ten minutes to myself with no interruptions is a complete luxury and can do wonders for my mood.


I try to incorporate exercise with my kids and am anxious for the snow to melt so I can make good use of my jogging story and work on losing baby weight!


There are days when I'm behind on work, my kids are crying and my house is a complete disaster and I feel like a failure. I remember that this phase will end and my kids will get bigger . Then I remind myself how wonderful this time is.


There are two things that are certain about motherhood. The first is that it is the hardest and most rewarding job in the world. The second is that no matter how hard you try, you will never get caught up on the laundry."


So i have a new thought ( I am sure it is an old one, just being re-spoken);;;;;;we were never meant to be moms all on our own. Don't worry ladies, I am not advocating Polygamy (are you crazy...........), just saying, it seems do able, being a mom, when we have consistent inputs of help from others. It is truly an impossibility by ourselves.
but, we keep on going..my kids easily forgive (at least at this age), I easily forget (due to sleep deprivation at random times, soon to be all the time), and we manage to grow,live,learn,love in the midst of chaos, I mean, life....

Good job Moms!!!!!!!

No comments: