Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still camping

Well we survived our first day of Jacob going to work yesterday. Although Mattie never let him out of her sight once he got home, so much so, that she would flip out if he walked into the next room. She is not to understanding at her age to not having her daddy around and ask about him throughout the day but I am sure she will understand the schedule soon.
Now we just have to work on me not flipping out when he walks into another room :)

We both got new cell phones last night and will send out an email tonight with our new numbers and new address.

Jacob got his schedule at work and he will be starting with an elective and then spending the month of July in the Emergency department, which from what I understand will be a certain amount of 12-hr shifts. I will find out more as time goes on.

We discovered the Natural Food store in bangor yesterday. It was nice to see that I could also buy raw milk, cheese, and free-range eggs there as well as the Market.

The midwife appointment went well. We have about 5 weeks left (not really counting, except on really humid days when I would give anything to not be pregnant) but mostly I am trying to stay pregnant until we are settled (never thought I would actually WANT to stay pregnant).

My kids are going crazy with all this rain and not having their toys and friends, so we have been trying to find things to do, we will all be ready to move into our home this Saturday.

3 comments:

Zarah said...

Good luck staying pregnant, but try not to have the baby until August. ;) I'm sure once you guys get all moved in and settled things will be easier for everyone.

Janis said...

The end is in sight. Trials never last forever, it just seems that way.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys found a place. How is Jacob's first week going? We miss you guys!