Thursday, July 16, 2009

aging

I am taking this moment to post. There are sooooooo many other things that needed to be taken care of right now, but I have to stay nearby the girls room so that Mattie does not escape. We put a lock on the door, but sometimes she can get it to open anyway (should I tell the store we bought it from that if it only works 75% of the time, then we should only have to pay 75% of the cost?)
It takes like 30 minutes or so for Mattie to wind down, long after Liliana falls asleep, and sometimes longer and drives us crazy. We have had her in a regular bed since she was 3mts old. She never even figured out that she could get out of her bed on her own till 10mts old but now she is out roaming her room, causing damage to things and turning the lights on and off (by the way, why would you put all the light switches in a home at a two-year olds height, I mean, she doesnt even have to stretch to reach them)
Anyway....I am tired and grumpy and sooooooo ready to have the baby. I am not nieve. I realize I will be tired and grumpy on the other side of having a baby as well. I am just tired of being pregnant.

Instead of tending my soup (which kinda burned) I was picking up massive amounts of puzzle pieces and sorting them from Mattie. I put the boxes up high (I thought)a nd went to discover that my soup was having issues (I had already put the cheese in the soup and now it was not creamy but curderled)....but we ate it anyway...

After spending an hour reading books with the girls in their room, mattie took off for downstairs to play. I just went down there. and yep, she pulled down all those puzzles, (I still dont know how she reached them) and they are all over the floor again. My first thought when I looked at them was...."Those are being put in the trash"....but honestly, if I threw away everything I had to clean, we would have nothing....

How do some people keep their houses so clean and tidy. In my most exurted effort I cant, someone is always right behind me to make a mess.
Anyway....I just had to pull out the pack-n-play. Sometimes, some kids (people) just can't handle their freedom....So I have confined her for sleep, which she has never had....it doesnt seem to bother her, she is laughing and having a good time running around the pack-n-play
I feel another gray hair coming on............

4 comments:

Tara said...

Clean and tidy (as a regular normal everyday thing) is something that happens when you don't have toddlers, or babies, and have sent the youth and teenagers away. We see others' houses as clean and neat and tidy, forgetting that they are probably just that way because company is coming (or is there) which means extra work and effort and tons of internal panic. If someone has mastered the clean and tidy everyday without trouble with kids, well, chances are they don't do a lot in the house or they don't do anything at all... if that's the case, then why have anything?

I know the stress that comes from things not being tidy, orderly and clean is enormous - especially when it's a daily battle - but try to remember that it's normal and part of life... and by golly, we're only suppose to be trying to be perfect, not actually being perfect while we're here! Breathe deep - the precious monster years are really only but a few short ones, some how you'll forget the chaos - as long as you love them, spend time with them, then they will learn what is most needful - and your blessings in heaven will be all the more because you didn't "sweat the small stuff".

Hope you cheer up soon.... when we get back from VT, I'll give you a call.. maybe, if we're not heading to MD right off, I can bring the kids up and help with some mental and emotional release!

Zarah said...

I gotta say that I'm a little surprised that Jacob hasn't brought out the rope to tie Mattie to her bed. But I suppose that rope is the sort of confinement that people frown upon.

I wouldn't worry too much about a clean house. My house is hardly clean and I don't even have kids...unless you count the big one that I'm married to.

Janis said...

I used to lie down with Aaron, putting my arm over him to keep him from moving, knowing that if he was still for a few minutes he'd be asleep. Zarah would lie in her crib for a couple of hours talking to herself, playing with her stuffed animals before going to sleep. I didn't take the kids out of the crib until they climbed out on their own. Confinement has it's advantages.

Sarah said...

I couldn't get past the first part of your entry because my eyes drifted to the sidebar that indicates "14 days to go" Awwwww! How did that happen? Wow! So, exciting!