Jacob is off for anohter 24hr shift of OB. Our last for the next month or so. He actually will probably be sad. Me? Im kinda happy for another change in schedule.
So I found our Childrens Primary Song book. It was still in the many tubs and boxes in our garage. Have I mentioned that it takes forever around here to get even one project done, but we keep at it. The girls and I sat around on the couch enjoying this much missed treasure, singing primary songs. Right after singing, I'm Thankful to be me, I said the following to the girls:
Me: Do you two say your prayers at night when you are alone in bed?
Liliana: Yes, sometimes I do.
Mattie: uh -huh
Me: Well you know I say my prayers every night and do you know something I say in my prayers each night?
Liliana: what
Me: well I thank heavenly Father for each of you every night
Them: full of quiet smiles
Me: smiling, thinking what a nice moment this is
LIiana: Are you trying to be a better mommy?
Me: (surprised by this comment) Well, yes I am sweetheart
Liliana: well you should pray about that in your prayers
me: yeah....Ill get right on that...
why do we teach our children to talk?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm seriously laughing out loud!
Tack, it's a learned art :)
Kids are so blunt! You probably should have asked if she was praying to be a better daughter.
Tack, or the lack thereof, is definitely something learned. Particularly when those Stinson genes are involved.
Love the conversation with Liliana!
I don't mind so much the lack of tact in our Stinson genetics pond, though I would love it if Micah would learn how to whisper.
Liliana makes me laugh!!
Post a Comment