Tuesday, January 29, 2008

answer



Alright, so yesterday during quiet time (Liliana has all but given up nap time, so instead she goes to her room for quiet time, which for her means playing with all her toys in her room, singing, listening to music, eating snacks, etc,,,so really it is called quiet time because I GET SOME PEACE AND QUIET),I noticed that Mattie had fallen asleep in her bouncy chair looking so cute, so i took a picture. I thought that since I had not heard liliana playing in her room she must have fallen asleep as well and that I should get a pic of her sleeping too. I went to open her door and felt some resistance, so i assumed she had crashed on the floor behind her door. I kept pushing and pushing and realized I was not moving her but her toys were piled up behind the door. So i push it all the way open and take a look around (hurricane had hit, you see, liliana, only seems to remember where the toys are, not where they go once she is done with them, I am sure many children (and adults) have this same problem) I see the dress she had on laying on the floor but she is not in it. I think to myself, "Wow, did she climb into her bed herself?" and I look, nope not there. I look in the corners of her room, nope not there. I think, "maybe she went into her tiny closet and fell asleep", nope not there. So I start getting a little worried. And I think, "alright, has she given me the ol'slip and is outside now wandering around without her dress on"?. I mean I am getting a little nervous, did she escape out the window, where is she???
Then my eye catches an inch full of blond hair, sticking out from a cupboard door. I think to myself, "that looks like my childs hair", I open the door and sure enough, she had found a place to sleep...

4 comments:

Marie said...

My mom tells me I could fall asleep anywhere. One day she looked out and I was sleeping in the middle of the road! Luckily we lived at the end of a dead end dirt road ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! You would think that would be too uncomfortable to go to sleep...it must have been a cool hiding place =)

Zarah said...

That definitely doesn't look comfortable. At least she took a nap. Those are some really cute pictures, too.

sophiesquid said...

How funny! That made me laugh. The things children do :-)-Shoshana