Jacob is going on his 4th week of Surgery rotation in Portland. He is enjoying it so much that if Surgeons didn't have crazy schedules he would seriously consider becoming one. He plans on doing all of those minor surgeries one can do in the office as a Family Practice Doc, so that will quench his thirst for that. He is not to excited about his next rotation: Psychiatry...I don't know what he is worried about, he has been around crazy people his whole life :)....No, really it should be interesting to be around those who really do hear voices...it is interesting to think of the connection our spirit, our mind, and our body has. We should have some good stories to add to our blog during that month from his work.
Life is going to be hectic for him (and us) from now on.
As for me, well I am always trying to think of a new job for my husband to have. We figured out that instead of being a resident doctor and working 80-100hrs/week, he could teach piano 20hrs/week and make more than he will make as a doctor starting out. Then there is the carpentry job. Jacob is just starting out with building furniture (so far he has made an entertainment center, a nursing stool, a cutting board, a rocking chair for liliana, and two dressers) I was in target the other day buying some hardware for the dressers and the woman checking me out (the one ringing up my purchases i should say, not the one 'checking me out', although i wasn't looking too bad that day...anyway...) mentioned that the hardware was beautiful. I told her they were for the dressers my husband made. I continued to tell her that my husband copied designs from a company that sells theirs for 5-6,000$ and that he made ours for 300$. Well all the women around me just went crazy with questions if whether my husband sold his work...i said, "no, he just makes stuff for us now". Gosh, between piano and woodworking we could make a great living. But instead my husband will be taking care of peoples gross problems and cracking peoples backs...what can I say, everyone has their own interests.
No comments:
Post a Comment