Monday, June 9, 2008

willing response

Well Jacob was on call tonight so LIliana and I were doing scriptures just us two. She grabbed the regular book of mormon (as opposed to the picture book of mormon) and I started to read the first verse, "I nephi, having been born of goodly parents..". After I read that one line I (with a smile on my face) turn to liliana and ask, "do you have good parents"?, She did not even have to take a second to breathe her answer was out to quickly, "no, you didn't give me a Popsicle when i asked today, you did not let me wear my black dress when i wanted to today, etc...on and on the list went"
I was just sitting there in total shock. I mean, I was expecting a "yes i love you mommy you are great response (or even her normal response, which is, I love mattie, or i love daddy, she still thinks she can only love one person at a time)..but instead of being a 'goodly' parent i was the one who had all these things worth complaining about...it was just a hilarious moment..to think my 3yr old had just a quick response to my question...what did i do, you may ask...
well, what any 'goodly' parent would...i pretended i didn't hear a word she said and just kept on reading the scriptures...
also another funny thing she said
She bumped her nose on her chair pretty good and was crying. She told me what happened and I said, "you tell that chair not to bump your nose anymore!"...she looked and me with a straight face and said, "I can't, it doesn't have a face".
true, true, you are right there...

2 comments:

Tara said...

Too smart for her own good....

Oh... the things kids say! :)

Anonymous said...

Liliana is a smarty! She gets it from her parents! How cute she is.