Sunday, November 30, 2008

True Stinson

Liliana is a true Stinson: she has the sense of thrift, knows when she can make a buck or two, and hoards her money.  I think that's why she likes going shopping with Heather or I: she gets us to give her the money and she tries to keep the change.  Smart girl!  She even worked hard to rake leaves to earn money for a Christmas gift for Heather.  But that doesn't compare with what happened tonight.

She found some bells on a plastic strap and then grabbed one of her plastic bowls from her play kitchen set.  After placing the bowl on the floor in front of her, she told Heather's mom, who is staying with us for a little while and who has become Liliana's play-mate, "Okay, now I ring the bells and you give me money!"

It's amazing how they quickly they pick things up!  I had taken the girls shopping recently and we stopped at Walmart to get a few batteries.  Around here, Walmart is the only place that has bell-ringers.  So, as we ran into the store, Liliana noticed a bell ringer and asked what he was doing.  I explained that he was ringing the bell to get money.  Obviously, once is all it took for Liliana to realize that this might be the career for her!

2 comments:

Zarah said...

hahaha that is quite the racket that girl has got going. I enjoyed helping raking leaves and especially the part where she asked me if I was going to get money too for raking leaves. After explaining that I wasn't, she decided later that she was going to pay me. A penny from her piggy bank. I felt special.

Shannon said...

Too funny! I laughed out loud when I read the bell story! Here's a Christmas idea for Liliana...it's called the Money Savvy Piggy Bank - although it doesn't sound like she needs any help in that department! https://shop.sixwise.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=69