Monday, January 5, 2009

back to the grind

I keep looking at the clock...thinking about bedtime, that is never a good sign.
Today is jacobs first day back to work and we didnt really ease back into it. I mean, he is working a 12 today, a 14 tomorrow, and then another 12. Then he will just be gone for three days out of state, so vacation is definitely over!
The hardest part is being sick and tired. I have already told jacob and I might as well tell all of you. It should just be a law or something, when people are pregnant they should get a person whose only job is too take care of the pregnant person (either through holding a bowl when throwing up, feeding them yummy type meals that said sick person would love to eat but never have the energy to make, etc....). I did really well these past two weeks, now I am realizing it is all because jacob cooked all my meals and took care of the kids, it is easy to do well like that.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhughhhhhhhhhh hate is a strong word, but i really dont like this phase of pregnancy, sometimes i feel like someone should just take me out to the woods and put me out of my misery. they wouldnt even need to kill me, just leave me far enough out and I would never have enough energy to walk out....
anyway..liliana asked me today why daddy needed to be at work so long and I said that daddy decided to be a doctor so he was going to work alot. She again asked why doctors need to work so much. I told her there were alot of sick people out there who needed help (like the folks who do the scheduling for sure!). She then looked at the calender and wanted to know what day her daddy was going to be home, or more precisely, "mommy, how many days till daddy comes home from work"? What a sad state of affairs when my 3-yr old understands that when daddy goes to work she doesnt see him for days or a week on end.

3 comments:

Zarah said...

If I was to hold a bucket for someone to throw up in, I'd have to have one for me as well I think.

Hopefully some day, people will realize that they can help themselves not be so sick by changing their diet. I started reading "In Defense of Food again" (finally got library cards) and Ashton even agreed to read it as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are soo sick. I agree that someone should be hired to help out the ones that do get sick. I wish I could help. I do have to say..I would rather be sick than not. Being sick means that you are still pregnant! =)

Megan and Sean said...

Hope you feel better soon!