Sunday, March 1, 2009

From the mouth of ....

For several reasons, I love Liliana's age (she's four).  I think the among the top reasons is that she is trying to figure things out and says some pretty hilarious things.  I think all of those who have children, or who are around them quite a bit, have a collection of these.  Here are a few samples that she has said to Heather and I in the past couple of weeks.

On Being Beautiful:
We were sitting on the couch as a family, when I turned to Liliana and said: "You're such a pretty girl".  "No, I'm smart" came the reply.  "So, you can only be beautiful OR smart?"  I ask.  "Yes, I'm smart.  Mommy's beautiful," came the answer.

On why our Bishop was replaced.
"Bishop was getting old and is going to die.  We needed a younger Bishop."

And speaking of the Bishop:
"Is Bishop still going to be Kimball's dad?"

On being left alone:
Liliana and Mattie share a room.  Tradition has it that they both wake up, play for awhile, then knock on the door.  This morning, Liliana decided to leave to go to the bathroom.  She turned to her sister and said: "I'm going to go to the bathroom and you're going to be by yourself, but don't worry.  Jesus will be in your heart and he will keep you from being lonely."

On the other churches:
We pass a church of another faith to get to church.  In the past, we've explained that other people don't believe the same things that we do, so they go to different churches.  This morning, Liliana told Heather as they passed the church:  "Look Mommy, there's that church that some people go to.  But not us, we don't go there because we want to be a family forever."

3 comments:

Tara said...

Always fun to listen to your kids when they are learning and growing. It's cute, it's funny, and it's soooo inspiring. It let's you know you're doing something right - I especially love Lilianna's comments to Mattie. That's sisterly love!

Janis said...

Out of the mouths of babes. I love them...mom

Zarah said...

Those are just perfect. She's so funny. I laughed so hard at the comment about needing a new Bishop. The last couple ones were just so sweet.