So lets see. Jacob just left for his first day of work (its been a long time since he has had a steady job like this....the side effect of being a student). I knew this day would arrive but it is still hard. Thankfully he only works 40/hr weeks for the next few weeks, which I guess is a good transition time.
We will move into our new home this Saturday. It is a nice home, nice little backyard, decent price, just not in the cute little location we wanted. But we are so happy to have found something that allows us to move into it by the weekend.
So Jacob will go retrieve our things this weekend and we may just have time to unpack and get settled before crazy hours start.
I go for another check-up today with the Midwife, so this will be my first time driving around by myself. We will see if I find my way home...this is a time I wish I had a GPS.
Oh, we went to the farmers market this past saturday and walked around drooling and eating many samples. We could not believe the diversity of items there as well as the quality. The only thing we bought was some Chocolate raw milk (yummy), but they had beautiful sourdough breads, homemade granola bars, loads of veggies (including big heads of Broccoli, bunches of carrots, and even some greenhouse grown tomatoes, everything was locally grown and organic). There were loads of free-range eggs and every type of meat you could imagine, all grass fed and free range, many types of cheeses, all raw, even seafood....We look forward to shopping there once we get settled and supporting our local farmers while we get the freshest food to eat.
Well this is it for now. We miss our old home and friends but are trying to look forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray for having a place to live! The Farmer's Market sounds great! Can't wait to see it.
the market sounds tempting, like a buffet at the restaurant.
Glad to hear you've found a place... and great to hear you've already found a great farmers market.. I know that's important to you! Transitions aren't always easy, but you'll settle in soon.
Post a Comment