So my hormones are trying to 'balance' themselves (i.e., just about anything can make me cry right now....) and now that the baby is born it is almost like I can process many of the changes of life that have just been happening to our family. Like moving to a new home (which I am trying to keep clean, partly for sanity and partly because it helps me to 'like' the home better), leaving behind or saying goodbye to wonderful and much needed friends, jacobs new job (and the hours that come along with it-as well as the stress that sometimes comes home from work), our finances are really different and I am trying to get used to a new budget, having to find new friends for my girls (and myself) and I don't know how many times I have gotten lost while driving around here....I think we came up here under such stress of trying to find a home quickly and then all my energy went into unpacking before the baby came that now that she is here I can deal with the changes and well, it is abit hard sometimes....
I am so thankful that Jane sleeps. I would be a walking zombie mess if she didn't. But we are blessed to finally have a baby that knows when it is night time and just sleeps, gently waking up just to eat and then goes back to bed till morning...what a blessing. We have also been fortunate to have Zarah here. This has meant naps for me and major help with the older girls. I will miss her help and am not sure if I am ready to fly solo again.
I realize now that Jane will grow up so quickly, so I am trying to treasure her littleness and all her squeaky noises. Liliana called mattie, mattiemouse (when an infant), and now calls Jane, janekitty because she thinks it is funny how little babies squeak.
Having three is alot more work then having two (obviously) but I am hopeful that at somepoint it will just be 'normal' to us. I am also hoping that when it starts to feel normal we wont do something silly and make it four kids....
Jacob has 2 more weeks of being home for bedtime routine, then I am on my own all day long as he wont be home till after bedtime 6 days week, so hopefully my hormones will be 'balanced' by then and I can balance everyone better on my own....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Heather... I feel for you with the coming no help at bedtime... we'll continue to pray for you guys and you'll be amazed at what the Lord will do to help you out.
We love and miss you all!
Oh..I feel for you!! I'm glad to hear that Jane is sleeping. That helps a ton. I have to keep telling myself..the first month is the hardest...the first month is the hardest.
We love good sleepers here, only the older they get the less they seem to sleep. Please tell me how that works again?
Good luck with the solo bedtime routine. It sure gets old quick, doing all that work.
Hope you get plenty of breaks and rest when the girls do. (Like I'm one to talk.)
Cheers!
Remember "and it came to pass" means that the current situation will change and move on. Heavenly Father is always mindful. He has faith in our ability to rise to the occasion. With His help we can do ALL things. Don't look too far ahead. Just enjoy the moment.
Heather,
The bed time is the dreaded time of day for me, too. Thankfully, some of mine are older now and getting better about staying in their rooms to read until they are sleepy.
Mike and I always say that it takes six months to get used to a baby. In that time, you make your maiden voyage, do everything (shop, attend church, change seasons) that you did before the baby, just with another person. I am JUST NOW feeling like I can go grocery shopping with all six kids. It has alot to do with the fact that I can feed her Gerber snacks instead of sitting down to nurse in Walmart while the other five run around like wild people.
Anyway, I totally know where you are coming from, my friend.
PS, I love your new header. So magical and beautiful.
So good to hear from you!!! I cannot believe how big your kids are getting (plus a new one...congrats)! Where are you guys now? Thanks for keeping in touch.
Post a Comment