Tuesday, September 8, 2009

school


I have finally sent my homeschooling order in and we await our box of goodies now...

Liliana is very excited to start 'school'. She has already gone over to a friends house to do their version of homeschooling. It is really not my favorite version but alright for every once in awhile. They use a more classical approach (you know, sit and listen approach) which is what I guess most kids her age are learning how to do in kindergarten but that is just not my style, nor hers. I also have the flexibility of not having to report our homeschooling till she is 7, so we can be quite relaxed right now and have fun. Honestly though, I would love for her to always experience learning as fun, not entertaining, but something to do with a fun or good attitude.

We still have the school room to finish up. I was planning on working on it today but have not had a minute yet free of baby.

I am excited about some of the fun learning things we will be doing this year. Due to when lilianas birthday falls she would not be entering school till next year anyway (which she will still not be going to regular school then either). When I think of all the things we will be working on this year and the things she already knows (like how to read, etc) I can't imagine what she would do going to kindergarten next year anyway....although I am sure most of the time she would enjoy the crafts and projects with other kids her age.

This morning liliana wanted to know why daddy could not wait till after breakfast to go see patients in the hospital. Good question. Jacob and I both agree that the patients don't really WANT to be seen till after their own breakfast anyway...but someone else is making the rules..she was quite sad that he left before she woke up and was crying about not being able ot say goodbye to him. They are trying to adjust to yet another new schedule of his but are pretty understanding of his job so far....

We had a great weekend and enjoyed having many family up for Jane's blessing. She is so sweet and we were glad others could share in her special day. Here is the chub realtime (I am bouncing her as I am writing this, trying to get her to sleep so I can organize and clean)

3 comments:

Zarah said...

Jane is getting so big! She looks like she's getting some chubby cheeks. Starting school with Liliana is exciting! How are you planning on doing it? I miss you guys lots!

Janis said...

There is always change in life, isn't there? Some good, some not so good. Oh, well! Viewing learning as interesting and exciting is really all about our attitude. I think work is fun. Others would not. Life is so much better when a person has a positive attitude.

Anonymous said...

Jane is soo adorable. I have yet to send you my package. I will try to get that together this week and send it (i will really try =).