It was a beautiful Fall day yesterday. During the afternoon when the sun was at its warmest we ventured out to the Post Office and the local playground. My girls love walking to these sites and get so excited to go. The wind was lightly blowing and hte leaves were in the air. I watched my girls laughing and running as Liliana pushed Mattie in her favorite Pooh stroller. It was one of those moments when instead of thinking about them slowing down or staying closer to me, I just turned my thoughts to how I will miss this. I will miss seeing them so young and innocent and loving. Right in that moment I wanted to stop time. Jacob and I just love our girls.
This other mom feels the same way and expressed it on her Blog (she has three boys).
http://momsinneedofmercy.blogspot.com/2009/10/magic-time.html
Incidentally, we have 'figured' out that we have one child who is a little me, one that is a little jacob, and one that is a combination of both of us-we are hoping this combo child will get both of our good sides :)....
I am thankful to be home with my children. I can honestly say now, that I wouldnt trade my job for any other...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Heavenly Father gives us those rainbow moments in life to help us to keep moving onward. I keep thinking "why do I get so stressed out?" I guess it's just part of being human. I loved being home with my children. It was the best career I could ever have.
I love your little girls, too! They're such sweet girls. I think of you guys all the time.
Heather, did you hear? Shannon had her baby today. Isabelle is alive, but has a tough road ahead. I thought you would want to know.
Post a Comment