I cant stand moving....moving just plain stinks. and moving with small kids stinks even more bbbnmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjggggggggggggggg(these letters were types by mattie as she got out of bed for the 20th time (no joke) while I was trying to deal with Jane crying)....I think my two fave reasons for moving out o this house are:
1. the door handles in this house dont lock......my kids are free to open and get out and my toddler has never had to be put in her room, hear the door shut and know she just cant get out so she might as well go to sleep. Nope, instead she knew she could always just run right out squealing in delight at her escape. So jacob or I (usually me, as he is usually not around for bed time) have to stand and hold the door handle as she tries to open it and I am soooooooooo done with that. I can not wait till we shut the door and she comes to it and learns for hte first time that, yes indeed she will be staying in her room....
You know, the problem is not with my kids. Even though they are abit out of sorts and abit acting up from spending so much time away from here and me, as they have been over a different persons house every day for a week now. I know it is because I need sleep and I need to see an end to the chaos known as moving. I know it doesnt help that we are moving into a house we cant unpack into right away due to major things still needing to be done, like painting and flooring. not to mention none of the closets have any of the shelving up yet so cant unpack hardly anything but beds and dressers till that gets done.
and jacob is working overnights for the next 5 weeks, so he comes home at breakfast time and has all this stuff to do but anyway....
back to the other thing i loathe about this rental house. The upstairs toilet, just about everytime we flush we have to plunge the heck out of it. you may wonder why we dont ask the landlord to fix it. Well, we have a property manager and he could care less about the house as he is not the owner and the owner has already made it clear that she doesnt have money to deal with anything here, not to mention this is how the toilet was on day one of living here so it must have been something she was living with and therefore wouldnt care that we have to live with it as well.
There are loads of things we have struggled with in this rental which has only fueled our desire to get out of rentals. We are really so happy to own a home and we can see what it will be like when all these things get done in the next few weeks but in the meantime, i may loose it. Just so you know. I just hope I can 'find it' when it is all over with
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Moving is such a headache and I'm sure that's increased with having to move with kids. It'll be so nice though to be able to have your own home though! I wish we were done with renting.
Whenever possible, Escape! In other words, whenever you are not needed at the house, take the kids and get out. Though the constant getting out will start to get old, the fact that you (and mostly they) aren't looking at everything they "can't do" or "can't have" will be a huge blessing. When the weather is nice enough (don't know what it's like out there right now) send the kiddos outside (assuming you feel comfortable with them outside by themselves) and get things done while they're in nature heaven.
It doesn't take the chaos completely away - and life certain shows in the difference of priorities (packing, unpacking) but it will help. It's how we got through both the packing and the unpacking and the in between! It was so nice to finally have routine again at the end, but it was also nice to know we weren't trapped with "nothing" to do (if you're a kid).
"And it came to pass" not stay. When I am really frustrated I read D&C 122 and that helps to put things into perspective. Just take things one moment at a time. It'll all get done.
i can't even imagine moving with one child, let alone three. you are incredibly strong. someone in church today read Isaiah 41:10 - i love that one.
Post a Comment