
Whenever I go out in public, people have the same two comments they all feel like sharing with me. I thought I would share them with you.
1. Wow, look at your baby's hair! Do you make it look like that? (they are referring to how mattie's hair sticks straight up). I always say, "no, I do not do my baby's hair, it just came out that way". I don't tell them that I hardly have time to do my own hair (usually it gets brushed once, maybe twice, a week) so why would I spend the time doing my daughters. My favorite version of the comment was a big muscle guy in target, "hey check out that mowhawk, man, nobody is gonna mess with that bad baby".
and
2. Oh, look at your cute little girls. Enjoy them right now, they grow up so quickly. Now normally I have nothing to say when they make such a comment, but I do have alot of things running through my head. Usually I am doing all I can at that point to make it through a shopping trip between the crying, yelling, whining, etc...(and that is just me, add in the girls and that makes three of us having a hard time) So in my head I am thinking about what a happy day it will be when they are all grown up. But this morning the girls were sleeping in and that peaceful moment offered me a chance to realize that my baby is growing up. Liliana will be 3yrs. old in two weeks. Where did my baby go? I thought I would share some of her baby pics. You know they are right. I will miss my babies when they are all grown up. All we are left with when they are grown are two more adults in the world. We all know how boring adults are. Faithful children is what we need more of. I am grateful for mine.
3 comments:
what a great reflection. it's sad to think that the little ones in whom we invest so much of ourselves turn out to be so droll. kids are much more fun. what adult would wear flowery drawers on their head without it being declared fashionable first.
wait...that might be "in" this spring. lemme check...
So right... they grow up way too fast! I love the video clip. Those little clips are the bright spots on days when I realize "baby days" are gone (with the older ones). Thanks for sharing that.. I miss Lilianna at that age too... she's still cute, but it's different as they grow!
~Tara
She was such a cute baby. The video is fun. Is she still obsessed with "Ring around the Roses"?
Post a Comment