Let's see, recent updates include the following:
Last Sunday, our little (or should I say ginormous) Mattie was blessed in church by her father. It was a very special day for our family. We all just adore mattie and are so glad she is here.
As for liliana, well life is always interesting with her. A few days ago I asked her if she remembers seeing Heavenly Father. Her answer was, "yes, I saw him last week or something like that". She is such a funny girl, although I do not always laugh at her comments.
For instance, yesterday, on our way to visit one of her friends, we stopped of at the health food store to get some eggs and while we were in the checkout line I look at my little girl and notice that she has her dress hiked up to her belly button.
I think to myself, "how odd", and say, "liliana, put your dress down please". She responds to me, "It's alright mommy, we can wash it off in the bathtub". I am a little out of it at this point so I don't catch on quick enough. Her and I both repeat out previous comments to one another and finally I say, "we are going to a friends house right now there will be no baths".
L:"But I need to take a bath and wash the poop off"
M:"What poop"?
L: "The poopies in my panties".
M:( in denial) "Nana, there are no poopies in your panties, now stop talking about it"
L: "Yes, mommy, I went poop".
M: (a little louder this time) "Nana, did you go poopie in your panties?"
L: "Yes"
M: "Nana, you do not poop in your panties, that is not okay. We do not do that, etc..(I think that if I say it enough she will say, "just joking mom".) no such luck...
So we check out and start walking out of the store. I, of course enraged, get to the car super fast, only to look behind me and see my daughter walking very slow, trying to keep from feeling the poop in her pants. Needless to say we did do just what liliana said we would do. We went home and washed it off in the bathtub and in the end everything was okay. Little kids do know better than us most of the time. I love my two little girls and hope our family and friends enjoy watching them grow.
3 comments:
HAHAHA...From working at the daycare I know how much it sucks cleaning poop from underwear, and we have no tub there. One little girl would pee on the potty no problem but took a long time learning to poop on the potty...almost daily we would have to change her undies and wipe her off. Ahhh kids.
YAYYYY!!
Yea! I'm excited to keep in touch again and read your blog! Your kids are soo cute!
Post a Comment