Well yesterday was quite a busy one. It all started around 2am with Liliana waking up (throwing up and all...). Jacob tended to her then was off to work (he leaves around 4:30 or so)...Then by around 9am I captured Mattie rolling over for the first time. Liliana saw me taking her picture and asked why. I Told her how excited I was that Mattie was rolling over. Confused at all the excitement, LIliana started to roll over saying, "Look mom I can roll over also". She wanted me to be excited and take her picture as well.
During the day both Liliana and Mattie continued to throw-up, but in between episodes they were both happy. I was still groggy the whole day from the previous days dental visit (where i was drugged and drilled)
Anyway around 1pm I was carrying a tub of clothes down the stairs and lost my footing. I smacked the stairs with my back (it is still yelling at me), crawled into the kitchen to call jacob home and was moaning like I was about to have a baby.
Jacob came home within the hour to take care of all his 3 sick girls. Both the little girls have recovered and as for me.well lets just say I am sooooooo thankful my husband is an Osteopath. He was able to work on me, which has allowed me to walk (slowly), bend over (imagine a 9mt pregnant person bending over), and get up out of a chair (once again, pretend your pregnant). It will be a good week before i am back to walking normal and not in pain or feeling like someone is continually smacking me with a bat in the same spot.
On the upside, my husband got permission to stay home and tend to us, which has been great to see him (as tomorrow he will be doing another 30hr stint at the hospital).
Well that is the update for now. For those of you outside of Maine...and just incase your wondering, yes, it is still winter up here, I will keep you posted on when the season changes (check back in 4mts or so...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry... I hope we didn't pass anything on... I figured since our family had hit the upside of things that we were in the clear... of course I realize this bugs has been going around a lot all over the place...
I hope your back heals faster than a week.. it's so hard to take care of little ones when your body is fighting back.
Take Care... and we'll pray things are mellow.
That's exciting that Mattie is rolling over (I'm glad that Liliana can roll over too). That's too bad that the girls are sick and that you hurt your back. That's no fun. I hope that you guys get back to normal soon!
Post a Comment