Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bath Time



Well Liliana is in the bath. It is the middle of the day and the middle of a cooped up week in the house and she likes to play in the bath. There are other reasons she needs a bath. Like the fact that I just gave her one of her favorite snacks, celery with cream cheese in it. She decided to rub it around her mouth/nose area while she was eating it. She also had it on her hands. So obviously when she comes over to touch me I say, "don't touch me, your hands are dirty, go wash up". She looks at her dirty hands and then proceeds to put her forearms on my head saying, "I can touch you with my arm, they are not dirty". (Forget the fact that while her clean forearms are touching my head, her dirty hands are touching my face/clothes)..
Anyway, she wants something to drink so I say, "You need to wash up first, then I will get you something". So she runs into her bathroom and comes running out her face dripping with water and a big grin on her face declaring, "alright mommy I want my drink now". I look up at her and see this big wad of cream cheese in her nose and what do I do. That's right, I take a picture of it. So she gets impatient with my camera taking and runs back into her bathroom to get her drink by herself (you see she swiped a plastic egg carton from her craft supply area and filled each hole up with water and i peek into her bathroom and see her tipping it into her mouth). Anyway, she was just a mess, so off to the bath we go.
As she climbs into the bath I discover yet another reason why she needed a bath as I see pits/pieces of poop floating to the surface as her bum submureges into the water...(You see, my daughter likes to 'wipe' herself, she does know how to do this activity correctly but well I am sure you understand, it just takes so much time out of the day to wipe every single time you go potty, so she skips doing her wiping job some times throughout the day).

1 comment:

Zarah said...

mmmm cream cheese up the nose. She must have liked the smell of it.