
Well it has been snowing alot the last few days. Yes, it is still winter in Maine. I asked liliana if she knew what snow was. (I was hoping to teach her about rain freezing into snow, etc..) and she said, "yes, snow is winter".
Well I couldn't argue with her there.
Another wonderful educational comment she made was regarding Grapes. I gave her a packet of dried fruit and on the cover of it there were pictures of the fruit one could find inside (although in a dried form), anyway, she was happily eating her dried fruit and then started to look at the picture on the front, confused she said, "mom, there were no grapes or blueberries in here". I was driving at the time, so i quickly said, "honey, the raisins are dried grapes". End of discussion.
So a week or so passes and she is out with her dad and eating the same snack and she says, "Daddy, did you know that raisins are dried grapes"?
So Jacob comes home and says to me, "Honey, liliana knew what a raisin was"!
I casually mention that I do manage to educate my child about something every once in a while and that day it happend to be about dehydrating fruit.
My husband on the other hand is being "educated' about laboring women, blubbering husbands, know-it-all nurses, and opening cervixes. He is, as he termed it, "a glorified leg holder", helping women push their babies out. He is enjoying himself, learning alot, sleeping little (sounds like parenthood no?). Anyway, that is our life for now and we will make the most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment