Saturday, March 22, 2008

thoughts

Well. we really have gotten pretty slack about our post. It is not because I don't think of something every day that I want to share. I just am so busy right now.
There are a few thoughts (random) that I would like to share.
1. The other day, as I was preparing dinner, I looked into the living room to see liliana sleeping on the couch (she had fallen asleep to a movie unexpectedly). As it was almost dinner time (and hence almost bed time) I tried to wake her up. I scooped her up in my arms and went and sat on the floor next to Mattie's car seat (as she had just woken up from her own nap and was hanging out in her car seat). I tried to talk to Liliana but she just was so tired she feel back asleep in my arms. I held my big girl, just as I used to when she was my baby. And I realized how precious this moment was to me. I took advantage of her sleepfulness and ran my fingers across her hair and face, the way I used to when she was all mine (instead of trying to be her own person now). I tucked her hair back, to give the illusion that her hair was short again, just like it used to be back when she was just mine. I had forgotten how soft her skin feels so i rubbed my cheek up against her face. For those few minutes she looked and felt like my little baby, she was just mine. Then she woke up. I love my big girl. But I miss my baby nana terribly! Why do our babies have to grow up. My dad still calls me his baby, now I know why.
2. We want to recommend a book (yes, that is where all my free time goes, I read like crazy!). If you are like us you may spend your days exhausted from arguing, bribing, yelling, stressing, etc. (with your children of course)...We just were always exhausted!
No more...."Love and Logic magic for early childhood". You should know (and those who know liliana know how amazing this is) that within 15 hours our daughter (yes, the same one who has a mind of her own) was literally jumping out of her shoes if she heard the dreaded words (in our case, we chose the following words) "Uh-oh" Anyway, you will have to read (get it from your library, or ILL it, or it is worth buying) to find out why and how we could go 2 whole days so far without breaking a sweat and with having fun disciplining...yes, I said fun.....
Well it is late. We will write more later...

1 comment:

Tara said...

sounds like my kind of book... maybe I'll remember that when I'm back on my feet for good!