Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Liliana and I had a conversation in the car as we were driving back from a friend's house.

Liliana: Hey dad, do you want to know my dreams?
Me: Sure.
(Small pause)
Liliana: Can you see my dreams?
Me: No, they are in your head.
Liliana: What if I take them out of my head?
Me: I still can't see your dreams.
Liliana: Well, I'm going to take them out and put them in this water bottle.  (Pause) Can you see them now?
Me: (Laughing) Nope, I still can't see them.
Liliana: They are right here in the water.
Me: They are?  I still can't see them.  What do they look like?
Liliana:  What DO they look like?
Me: I don't know.  I can't see them.
Liliana: Here, I'll open the top.
Me: I'm sorry honey, I still can't see them.

Maybe some day I'll be able to see her dreams.

1 comment:

AL said...

aww i love that conversation! So sweet :)