Well, I guess it is time for an update. I keep forgetting that the reason we started this blog was so that we could have a free way to give family/friends update on our life. Mostly our blog has just turned into a place where we put funny happenings.
So as far as funny happenings, I will go ahead and put tonights dinner conversation:
Daddy: so Nana we need to close our eyes when we pray to Heavenly Father...
Nana: Where is Jesus? I can't see him.
Daddy: Well he lives in Heaven with Heavenly Father
Nana: Where is Heaven
Mommy (head down, not participating, don't want to be drawn into answering questions I dont know the answer to)
Daddy: It is far away
Mommy: Alright, I jump in) It is where we will go when we die
Nana: (quiet-thinking)
Mommy: (We chat abit about jacobs little cousin who just passed away and liliana went to her funeral)
Nana: Is Heavenly Father white?
Daddy: (looks over at me)
Mommy: (head is down once again, have decided it is time to not participate again)
Sooooo...you see this leads to a different story...
Yeah, well we livein Maine, not to diverse up yonder
So we check out a book from the library with beautiful illustrations and the title, He's got the whole world in his hands.
I remember the tune to that song from my upbringing and check it out because liliana just loves books that we can sing too.
So the pics are of a black family and are just beautiful
Around the third time of reading this book we have the following conversation:
Nana: That little boy has black skin
Mommy: Yeah he does. You know Heavenly Father makes us all look a little different from one another, but we are all his children.
Nana: why?
Mommy: (trying to deflect a why question), hey, what color is your skin?
Nana: Gray
Mommy: um...alright
Nana: so that little boy has the whole world in his hands?
Mommy: no, Jesus does. He has us all in his hands. We are His.
Fast forward a few days. We are leaving Target and it is tourist season. Two black people are in the parking lot (because it is tourist season) liliana very excited says,
"hey mom look there is black people"!
Mommy: yes sweetheart I see them
Nana: (very knowingly) They have the whole world in their hands..
Mommy: Um....
So now for an update..
Jacob leaves tomorrow for part of his board exams (it is in Philadelphia). He will be gone a few days for that. Most of the rest of the month jacob will be studying to his written test, which is mid-sept and we will be getting things inorder around our home so that we can take off for Washington,PA the last week of Sept. It is one of two places we are trying out for Jacobs residency. We will stay with friends from our Indiana days and can't wait! The girls and I will only stay a week then we will be back here in Maine mostly without jacob around at all until mid-december. yeah, it is gonna be crazy around these parts but Christmas will come regardless of craziness and hopefully by then we will have a better idea of where we will be moving to in June. So this is it for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nana cracks me up.
Good luck with holiday prep while Jacob is gone. I don't envy you that at all.
Oh, the fun conversations that you guys have. It was fun seeing that for a few days.
I like your conversation pieces. They make me laugh. I should do more of that. =) We are excited for you guys to come in a couple of weeks. Too bad for you, however, to have Jacob gone for so long. I hope in the long run..you guys decide to come to good 'ol Washington PA in June!
Oh dear, gotta love A-L-L the questions! We've done the whole "everybody is different" talk a few times (each kid) it has evolved into other ways we can be different. Disney World Nov 2007 Dallin says: "Mom, that lady is FAT" Me: uh.... Dallin (keeps talking in his OUTDOOR voice) "Some people are FAT" "RIGHT MOM!" Me: "are you lost little boy??"
Post a Comment