Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Noses and Trees

so I am making liliana sit on the couch and read a book right now so that I can post this.
So I was feeding mattie to sleep in the girls room and liliana starts in on her usual of coming in and making noise and I do my usual and make a very stern look on my face and motion for her to leave the room and shut the door. she then proceeds to do her usual and SLOWLY leaves. So after I get done I tell her she is in Time out on the couch and that I will talk to her after 5 mins. I then go to the kitchen and try to think about what I am making for dinner (anyone want to be my chef???)
Anyway, after 5 mins I am calm enough to have the following conversation:
Mommie: honey, why do you come into the room when I am putting mattie to bed? (side comment: nana stop picking your nose)
Nana: but I was whispering
Mommie: I know sweetheart, how come you dont leave when mommy ask you? (nana leave your nose alone)
Nana: It is so funny what daddy says about trees growing in your nose.
Mommie: (realizing she is changing the subject), um yes, that is silly what daddy says (he has always said to her that if she puts anything in her nose then she will grow a tree), he is a silly guy.
Nana: and a wierd guy
Mommie: yes, he is weird also.
Mommie: Hey, do you want to go make blueberry muffins with me?
Nana:Yeah
We race to the kitchen..
Nana: but how am I gonna get the raisin out of my nose?
Mommie: what raisin? Nana, do you have a raisin in your nose?
Nana: (as she continues to stuff her finger up her nostril) yeah mommie, it hurts.

Thankfully all it took was a good blow....so um to my wonderful husband who is not home yet, we may not want to entice the children into growing trees in their noses. Afterall this is your daughter who has told us over and over again how she wants her own little tree...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest it was a grapevine she wanted to grow. Perhaps something to do with the fuzzy oj.

Love the efforts to switch topics. She's a smart little cookie. Gets it from her mom since daddy is so wierd. They get the raisins in the nose thing as a genetic inheritance from the daddy's. Charley is working on it...or just wanted to stash a snack for later. :)

Anonymous said...

Thats too funny! She is a smart one =)

Zarah said...

Awww you mean we just missed that? That would have been wicked funny to see/hear.