Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pass the OJ

So, I was a little grumpy this morning.  The kids woke up at 6am, meaning that we got up at 6am as well.  So much for it being the Day of Rest.  I whipped up a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast and poured a glass of orange juice for Heather, Liliana, and I, which I had bought at the store the day before (we like the fresh squeeze stuff, not the reconstituted, frozen concentrate stuff).  We start eating.  Liliana takes a few bites, then takes a drink of orange juice.

Liliana: This orange juice is spicy.
Me:  (annoyed) No, it's not.  Just drink it.
Liliana:  The orange juice is fuzzy.
Me:  (even more annoyed and grumpy, and not really understanding what could be going on with the orange juice)  Just drink it!
Heather:  (who obviously understands the possibilities)  Have you tried it to tell whether it is "fuzzy" or "spicy"?
Me:  (just starting to understand, but now annoyed that I was slow on the uptake)  Uh, no.

At this point, I take a small sip, but am unable to tell because I put salsa on my eggs.  Nor am I able to smell it because my nose is a little stuffed up.  I slide the glass over to Heather and she confirms that, yes, I was trying to push our daughter into finishing her hard orange juice.  On the upside, the store where we bought it has a double-your-money-back guarantee!  I just hope I don't get into trouble for supplying a minor with alcohol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Zarah said...

Well, trying it on your second day of buying the "hard" OJ, I can see what Liliana means by it being spicy and fuzzy.