Tuesday, December 23, 2008

christmastime

I love Christmastime. I always have. Jacob, liliana, and my mom our at our Ward Christmas devotional tonight. I stayed home inorder to put mattie to bed. She is still getting over sickness. As for me, I can't wait to get over my '6 week illness'. 4 more weeks to go till Im out of the first trimester!!!!!WAHOOO....It is these weeks (and labor, cant forget that) that make me say the very common, " I am NEVER going to do this again".
Well having number 3 means that I cant be taken for my word when it comes to this..Its not that I forgot how hard it all is nor how painful, its just I am realizing the endless capacity to love and for some strange reason (cant blame it on drugs, didn't have any) I was already thinking about baby #3 in the hospital with Mattie. Please, someone should lock me up, or just put me out in the woods. jacob knows I would never find my way out!
liliana is so very excited for a new sibling. I am so grateful that I have not had to deal with a jealous older sibling. She just loves her little sissie so much and looks out for her very well. My love for them grows as I watch their love blossom together. It never occurred to me that my kids might actually love one another (hmmm...maybe I came from a dysfunctional home....???) She has already informed us what she would like to call the baby, let us know what you think:
Boy-weenie
girl-sybil
(by the way, both of these names are names of animals in some of her recent book finds-she must have been inspired)

We are enjoying jacob being home for vacation. What a difference two full time parents makes! He is still busy working on securing a job (residency) for next year. It is quite the process and we really wont know the final answer of where we go till Feb 9th and yes, we will post the results. In the end it matters little where we would like to go, it all depends on who wants him there, so a few more weeks of knots in our stomachs..seriously, we have to PAY to go through this mess.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote is for "weenie". Micah's at the store right now so I'll ask for his input later.

Now I need to go cuddle under a warm blanket while my hubby is away, fighting the dreaded crowds at Wal-Mart in the cold, getting more milk for our kefir babies. I love having an extra helper around too.

AL said...

My vote is for "weenie" also!