Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Obituary



We will miss you!!!!!!!!!

You came so far, from Germany to flavor our homes. When you arrived, you were so tiny, only the same size as 4 pieces of rice. When you left us today, you measured at 1 cup. How you grew! You were so shy when you arrived, but soon found comfort in our yummy raw milk. You thrived and we thrived right along with you. We never knew it would end this way, how could anyone know???
There are so many 'what if' questions that have no answers. Like, what if you had had a different adopted mother, maybe then you wouldn't have died during a fire in the oven. I am sure a different caretaker would never have knowingly put you in the oven and turned it on broil, while draping a dish towel on top of you.
I tried to save you. It was too late.....just too late...the dish towel that protected you blew up into flames,and your special plastic top (made lovingly, by your adopted father) melted just like a camp fire marshmallow right into your bubbling container.
I can hardly stand to look at your charred self.
You can never be replaced (although a new shipment is arriving next week), you will always be our first kefir grains. We learned so much from you....

3 comments:

Zarah said...

hahaha awww poor Kefir grains. It's a good thing that you guys are getting some more. I still need to get some and try it out. I tried some of the store bought, but Ashton hasn't. Not sure if he'll like it or not.

Shannon said...

Very sad! But a nice way to commemorate the time you spent with your little kefir baby :)

AL said...

HAHAHA