Friday, July 31, 2009

I am ready now!!!

Alright, so first things first....

I found my sling!!!!!!!

I have spent my evenings this week re-going through all tubs and boxes, as well as tracking down some used slings online, thanks to a great site called, TheBabyWearer.com (any who wonder what slings they would like, want to locate one cheaper, etc..should check it out, it is just a whole bunch of baby wearing mama's)

Anyway, I was about to purchase a sling tomorrow as relooking through everything proved futile....and well I actually came to terms with having lost it and starting today was no longer looking for it....

I went into the girls room during a sudden burst of energy to go help them (you know, where I do 95% of the work and they do 5%) clean their room. I found this random hannaford bag tied up. I kinda peeked in to see what it was (just sitting in a corner of their room)...well it was 4 cloth diapers and my sling and nursing cover......I couldnt believe it. Especially since these are 4 diapers I was planning on getting rid of before the move, so I have no idea how they all ended up together and I really dont care but what was amazing was that the minute I knew I had that sling I felt 'ready' to have the baby. Not that Im not miserable and want it to end, just not emotionally ready to have a newborn without my sling

but I am ready now......big and ready!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Janis said...

That's the way it usually works...stop looking for something and it suddenly appears. Maybe it's just a test to see if we'll be patient. Baby will come soon.

Zarah said...

Hooray for finding your sling! That must be a huge relief. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

Megan and Sean said...

OH GOOD! I'm so glad you found it!

Sarah said...

HURRAY!!!!!!!

What a relief! I understand how you feel "ready" now. Good Luck!