Sunday, September 13, 2009

situation

Today has just been one of THOSE days....
You know what I mean? Most days there is just not enough of me to go around, someone (besides me) is always being shafted and not getting their needs met. Many a time someone is getting the 'angry' mom, or the 'grumpy' mom or the tired mom.
I was tired today and kinda grumpy. I was really looking forward to a nap but by the time i got Jane down and closed my eyes mattie woke up (I seriously thought I would start yelling or crying about that point) So I did what any mom would...gave the kids a snack (which I later had to wipe up and vacuum) and escaped to a room by myself for 20 minutes to 'regroup and wake up". I had a moment, while laying in my bed (while I was trying to decide to cry or yell) when I thought about praying. My thoughts went something like this...

I should pray right now. But that wont change my situation and that is what I really need, this hard situation to change cause I cant take it anymore...Then I thought of him....Nephi that is. When he was bound with cords after being beaten by his own brothers. he did not ask for a change in situation but a change in attitude (his brothers attitude and his) He asked for strength to get THROUGH his situation. My children are doing nothing wrong, being normal. Doing normal things like waking up from a nap (on time), crying for milk (like a baby does), asking for something to do (like a 4 year old does)...the situation was fine and normal. I was not fine or normal. I was missing the inner peace and wanted to take it out on everyone else...

I am ready to be perfected and tired of being imperfect for my children whom I love so much............hmm...I have a funny suspiscion someone is trying to help me become perfected.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but that doesn't mean we won't necessarily get on with perfection without some kicking and screaming. :)

Right there with you but waiting for the good meds to kick in...

Tara said...

I feel for you.... so many times in that very same situation. Life is an experience, one which can make us better or one we can come to resent. When my wise coach said Attitude is Everything, he knew what he was talking about. I'm glad you had the wonderful side of that experience, to remember prayer and to see the answer, the true answer.

Hope that things look up soon... I remember getting to a point once where I finally realized I was never going to get enough sleep, so I started praying that the sleep I did get, no matter how little, would be restful. That made a huge difference!

Janis said...

And this (situation) too will pass. Life is just a test. I would keep telling myself that people are more important than things and that would relieve some of the stress. ALso just saying out loud that I was feeling stressed would help.