Thursday, September 3, 2009

what is so funny...

I know it helps to have a sense of humor when dealing with kids but sometimes I have a hard time finding what is so funny about things...

After dealing with too much poop (Mattie, then Jane, then Mattie again) over the last hour or two I was sitting down (how dare I) talking with Jacob on the phone while he had a break and nursing the baby. I then run upstairs, where mattie had been after I had just changed her only to discover her covered in my special (cost alot, small bottle) of balm that I had been putting on my perineal area to help in healing after birth and I just wanted to start crying, she used it all (she even got it in her eyes, which is fine, other than that she will feel like someone is holding an icepack in her eyes for a few hours)....last week at the farmers market, liliana touched a cake that was for sale and we ended up having to pay for it as her finger lightly touched it and we were told to shovel out 14.50 for a cake the size of a grapefruit, that we couldnt even take home to eat as it had coffee in it....Seems like we are losing money on choices our children are making (not that they are intentionally doing things to deplete our bank account) just frustrating all the same and they really have no 'real' way to repay us in cash...I am sure those of you who read this blog have similar stories..

2 comments:

Janis said...

Oh, yeah!!! I was fortunate that my children didn't get into shampoo, lotion, etc. But they did their share of damage to stuff. That's why parents don't invest in expensive things until the children leave home. I'll give Mattie and Liliana their own bottles of lotion.

Sarah said...

oh, NO!

not the bottom balm :(

so sorry for you!