Well for those of you outside of Maine right now, it is COLD up here. With the wind it is under zero degrees. I wake up a put my winter hat on (even though we have the thermostat set for 68) and a light jacket. The wind just sucks the warm air right out of the house. Such a great thing to realize with the wonderful oil prices we have these days. Why did we ever decide that we should rely on a non-renewable resource (or one that is a fossil fuel) for heat, energy, cars, etc...
Why did God give us the Sun, Wind, and Water for if we are just going to drink, fly kites, and get a tan? Sometimes I wonder about the human race. It has been discovered that we use only a very small portion of our brain.
Well, I am thinking it is about high time we start using the rest of it. We don't seem to do so well only using less than 10%. Any thoughts?
3 comments:
i'd propose a thought but the 10% of my brain i would use for it is currently on vacation. turns out it can't take the insanity that is my life at the moment. well, that or all of the poop filled diapers i change in a day.
i'll save the memo for the day in which i am restored to full mental capacity.
I think that we've just gotten used to not having to use the rest of our brain. We have other things to do our thinking for us, calculators, computers etc. Why think if you don't have to? No, I'm not purposing anything so insane as to throw out our computers and calculators. We should just start using our brain more instead of always turning to machines for the tiniest things.
Teachers should be teaching us how to use our brain to figure things out instead of teaching us how to find it on the computer.
I think it's important to recognize that we have been given enough resources here on the earth to support the entire human race for the duration of the time in which we are mortal - all of us.
It's more important to realize that although the Lord has provided these things, He expects us to be careful and wise in the way we use them.
Thus coming to the brain issue... as humans, I think we get too comfortable. I think we like to let others (who are "not normal") do the thinking and figuring for us. Thereby allowing us to be in a state of ignorant bliss. Some how believing that if we are ignorant, or pretend to be, we won't be accountable for our decisions in caring for what God has given us.
This is where education for life comes in... if we are constantly learning and expanding our minds, we'll use more than the average 10%. (And then we won't be normal any more :))
Post a Comment