Sunday, February 24, 2008

More Daddy's


All right,
Well tonight Jacob is off at a Priesthood meeting. As he was leaving Liliana broke down into sobs of tears and finally said, "I don't want you to go daddy, please stay home with me".
We didn't know what to say. She has always been bummed when one of us takes off for something but she has yet to actually cry or show lots of emotion.
As I was tucking her into bed she said to me that "she missed daddy and just loved him so much".
I just wanted to take a minute to express my gratitude for all the daddy's out there who work hard (both to support their family, as well as working on themselves). I love that my daughters light up when they see their daddy. I am glad they have Jacob to look to as an example of a man. A man who cares about virtue and honesty. A man who knows about and cares about his priesthood power and responsibility.
Daddy's, if you are listening, you can win your daughter's hearts over by being funny. You can win them over by being soft-spoken (especially when disciplining). But they will love you forever if you are a Man of integrity.
The world needs more Daddy's with these attributes.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Agreed!

It's so hard to see little ones so sad when they don't fully understand why Daddy isn't around. But the example of their dads and the words we use to help them understand will make a difference in what they come to love and accept about Dads of great integrity.

Keep up the great work, Jacob! You have a wonderful family whom you support in so many ways... regardless of the lack of time it may seem you have, those little ones just soak up the time you are there... in person, in word, in the love from Heather. (I know... because it's the same here.)

Stinson Family said...

Thank you for this post. Josiah has gone again for some more training. I know that Abigail is young but I also know that she misses him. This post was wounderful to read.

Marie said...

Well said.