Monday, March 22, 2010

Our new abode









Moving day is fast approaching, weather the house is done or not. I was hoping for all the way done but looks like it will most of the way done. Many of you know we bought a house but, although in good condition, it needed to be expanded upon. The whole upstairs was open attic space and we needed bedrooms there. There were also too many walls downstairs, making the house very choppy and darn near impossible to see from one room to the next, so we are 'opening' it up....basically knocking down parts of walls....it also had that flooring...you know the kind....looks like nice wood but it is only pine..which is well not gonna work for my ladies who like to dance around in cinderella shoes and who like to bring rocks in from outside and drop them on the floor. So we are also installing new flooring and carpeting. This place was in sore need of a new heating system and the new upstairs was gonna need heat, so that is also being done. Lets see what else..oh yes, added a master bathroom (and boy it better be a sanctuary for the price it cost to add it!), a gazillion closets, a kitchen pantry the size of a small room, all new kitchen appliances, a ton of electrical work (and they like every other person in this state tried doing alot of the electrical work themselves, so there was quite a mess to get sorted out, not to mention, places that didnt have lights that needed them and places, like the basement that have like 25 lights for some reason)...We are also doing major landscaping on the outside (partly to fix the fact that the ground around the basement needs to be slopped to prevent leakage into basement, and partly to get rid of all the asphalt the previous owner decided to lay all around the house..and because, we needed a few places to plant some food/flowers)...I am sure I am leaving something out..but lets get to some pictures. We are the third owners of this home, which was built in 1940. I tried to take some 'before' shots, but in some of the rooms you will see some of the new work going on. We are excited for what will be the finished product (someday soon). These pics are a few days old now, alot more has already been done.

Well instead of adding the house pics I am adding pics of the girls..I will have jacob upload the house pics...

3 comments:

Janis said...

It's a great house. Having seen the before, you will appreciate the after. It's a lot of work to upgrade a home.

Zarah said...

Yay! Pictures of my cute nieces! I was just thinking yesterday that I needed some pictures of the girls. I have some of Liliana and some of Liliana and Mattie on my fridge, but not of all three.

It'll be nice to have the house all done I'm sure. I'm currently trying to unpack everything and find a home for it all, which is more fun then packing in my opinion but not an easy task. Best of luck though on getting everything done and moved! Wish I was there to help!

Anonymous said...

I'm soo excited for you and your house and your house work! I doo want to see pictures!

Your girls are soo adorable. I love Mattie's hair (it is starting to grow!!)