Well I have just finished a book that I wanted to recommend.
"Changing the Course of Autism" by. Bryan Jepson M.D.
Now you may be asking yourself why I am reading about Autism..
If you have ever wondered about the safety of Vaccines (and the quantity we should get at one time).
If you have ever wondered if the toxic environments we live in could affect our babies in womb or while developing (even making them overly sensitive to stimuli...)
If you have ever wanted to get your hands on a book that compiles all of the research out there (so you don't have to rely on what the news reports or does not)
If you have ever wanted to understand the role of various nutrients in the body.
This book was written for Physicians and Parents. All of the research (dating back to 1938-2007) is there, both the well done and poorly done studies, so that we can each start learning for ourselves how to be wiser parents in the protection of our children. But for Jacob (who is reading the book as well), he is learning all of the biochemistry (which he loves) behind not just Autism, but the many reactions and quarks that we see in our children. He is learning how to treat children who have 'weird' symptoms that scare parents.
This book was just published last year. See if your library has it. I had to ILL it as my local library did not have it. I do have to say, this one will sit on our shelf of Medical books, it is that good and for those of you who need 'evidence', the words, "evidence-based medicine' is on the cover and 1/3 of the book is just taken up for the references detailing all of the studies.
Check it out.
Now on a lighter note. One more book recommendation: A cookbook that some of you would love, called
"Deceptively Delicious"
by Jenifer Sienfeld
It is a cookbook (with pics) for those of you who have kids (or spouses ) who refuse or don't like to eat veggies/fruits. This mom just got plum worn out fighting with her kids about eating 'green things' or taking a bite of carrots etc...
She revamped her families food to incorporate the veggie/fruit in the food (as a puree) that you can't even taste or see. Thereby slipping in the much needed nutrients without the fight. She also still offers a regular looking veggie on the plate as the children still need to get used to seeing it and trying it in normal form. She even has recipes for dips and during that crazy time before dinner while your still trying to prepare it, she sits those yummy dips out with raw fruits/veggies. The kids are so happy to have dip they start eating the veggies (even the same ones they would refuse to even have on their plate 15 mins later at dinner).
It is also just published, I checked it out at my library. It will be another keeper, or one we buy. I like all the recipes I see. As of yet my daughter eats the food put in front of her but whats the harm in slipping it in, in order to get more nutrients.
Check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Two of my sisters have that same cookbook... they love it. My older sister has it more for herself, whereas my younger sister has kids like mine... they eat everything she gives them now. She's just happy they're eating their vegetables!
The first sounds like something I might be interested in... I'll probably get to it next year, after reading everything else people have recommended or handed me :)
Post a Comment